May 21, 2014

Tough Chick: Shannon the Soldier armed and ready for the zombies!

Hello all,
Now, if (*when*...) the zombies come this Irish lady is someone I would appreciate sharing the troubles with. Shannon the Soldier, a survivor from the Zombicide Prison Outbreak set, looks to be tough as nails:

Zombicide, Prison Outbreak, Survivor, Zombivore, painted, Shannon, Soldier, Guillotine

Her Survivor mini carries a set of shotguns, while the zombivore has changed these for some serious guns - 44. Magnums? I must admit I don't mind painting scantily clad ladies, but if I was caught in the zombipocalypse, I would have donned a full set of body armour... perhaps the disease is spread through the air in Guillotine Games' universe?


Zombicide, Prison Outbreak, Survivor, Zombivore, painted, Shannon, Soldier, Guillotine


She is one of the better sculpts - great detail and for once the eyes are the 'correct' size (they seem to be overly small on most survivors, while on others they are far too large). She did get a somewhat frenzied look when I painted her (not sure you can see the eyes that well on these images?) which I kept as it seemed to suit her. Again, I've tried to stay true to the character drawings on the cards, although I did add a wee bit of blood on the survivor...
I had serious troubles painting her stubbles (or what remains of her hair) - trying at first a black diluted wash, but in the end it turned out a diluted grey was the easiest way to achieve the look. I think she turned out all right.

Zombicide, Prison Outbreak, Survivor, Zombivore, painted, Shannon, Soldier, Guillotine

The official description of this hard ass Irish survivor is:

"We all fight for what we lack. What is your war?"
Of Irish descent, Shannon is a woman of action. Gang wars, police, militia, the army, she had it all but never found a fight that could engage her body and soul. Back in civilian life after another accident with her last partner, Shannon was looking for a bouncer job when zombies came and gave her life real meaning. Shannon now has many causes to fight for: survival, protecting untrained people, and exterminating zombies with extreme prejudice. Surrounded by blood and death, she feels right at home and more alive than ever.
 

Zombicide, Prison Outbreak, Survivor, Zombivore, painted, Shannon, Soldier, Guillotine

Her skills (beginning with 'Point-blank', and quickly getting a choice of either ' Lucky' or '+1 free Ranged Action') are superb and I'm sure she is character who will kill her share of zombies!

All the best,
Kasper

4 comments:

  1. Another great addition to the collection, do you think the sculptors had a movie character in mind for this one when she was created?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! To be honest, no. But I do think the background and face is 'inspired' by Lieutenant Jordan O'Neil (Demi Moore) from G.I. Jane. But the clothing doesn't seem to fit.
      Also, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a bit of Sinead O'Connor in the mix - perhaps the most famous bald woman from Ireland :-).
      All the best,
      Kasper

      Delete
    2. G.I. Jane certainly crossed my mind too, but I love the idea about Sinead O'Connor - brilliant!

      Delete
  2. Great paintwork as always Kasper.
    She looks a real hardass, dude.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...